This post was last updated on March 21st, 2020 at 03:21 pm
The GCam or Google Camera for OnePlus 7T Pro is now available to download which is built by san1ty and xtrme. This build of GCam for OnePlus 7T Pro is the latest one as of writing the post and has all the features working.
- 1 Available GCam versions
- 2 Where to Download GCam for OnePlus 7T Pro
- 3 How to Install the Google Camera APK on OnePlus 7T Pro?
- 4 How to enable Astro Photography mode on OnePlus 7T Pro Google Camera 7.0?
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for OnePlus 7T Pro.
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.2
- GCam 6.1
The Google camera 6.1 provides night sight and the GCam 7.3 provides Astrophotography mode feature with other features such as HDR+, portrait mode etc. The available GCam for OnePlus 7T Pro are compatible with Android Pie and Android 10.
Status of this OnePlus 7T Pro Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
Where to Download GCam for OnePlus 7T Pro
Don’t bother about Camera2 API, as it is enabled by default on devices shipped with Android Oreo or later.
NOTE: Comment in a reply if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install the Google Camera APK on OnePlus 7T Pro?
- Download the GCam apk from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on OnePlus 7T Pro.
- One of the GCam supports pre-configured xml config file. Follow the below instructions to install the same.
How to Install xml config file on Google Camera?
- Download the Xcam_beta_11_Fiz_DSLR_AWB_IMX.xml config file from the above download link which is compatible with the OnePlus 7T Pro GCam 6.1.021
- Once Google Camera is installed, create the following directories on the ROOT of your phone’s internal memory and copy the xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter) under the ROOT directory.
- Then create a directory named Configs (C in capital letter) under GCam directory.
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the app and click on the blank space beside the capture button in two fingers.
- When prompted, tap on RESTORE to load the config file. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on OnePlus 7T Pro Google Camera 7.0?
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this Google camera 7.0 for OnePlus 7T Pro. Few settings need to be enabled. Before you proceed to enable any settings, just a heads up: from Google Camera 7.0 onward the settings is moved under Quick settings pull down menu.
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and click on About modification
- Then go to Developer Settings (Keep in mind that This developer setting is different than the Android’s developer settings)
- On the next screen search for "cuttle". All the cuttle related settings will be filtered.
- Now enable or check all the boxes for following options
- Now, force stop the Google camera app and restart it.
- Now, to capture photo in astrophotography mode; follow the next instructions.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for OnePlus 7T Pro. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for OnePlus 7T Pro.