This post was last updated on December 5th, 2019 at 05:40 pm
A working mod of GCam or well known as Google Camera for OnePlus 7T is now available to download, which is based on xtrme’s build. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the stock Google Camera, so you can always expect that all of the features might not be available or just broken!
If you are not satisfied with this build, never mind to try other Google Camera from the huge list!
About this Google Camera for OnePlus 7T:
This is a working Google camera build for OnePlus 7T which is based on xtrme’s Xcam6 beta 11 which is working flawless.
- For Android 10
- Dark mode (If system wide dark mode enabled)
- New AWB : IMX 586 (The primary camera sensor of OnePlus 7T)
- Fixed green tint in shadows
- Added Antibanding mode
- New lib: Gmm23
Download Google Camera APK for OnePlus 7T:
Don’t bother about Camera2 API, as it is enabled by default on devices shipped with Android Oreo or later.
How to Install Google Camera APK on OnePlus 7T:
- Download both the OnePlus 7T GCam apk file from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- This Google Camera app has a pre-filled config file. To install that follow the below guide.
How to Install xml config file on OnePlus 7T Google Camera APK:
- Download the xml config file from the above download link for OnePlus 7T Google Camera 6.1.021
- Once Google Camera is installed, create the following directories on the ROOT of your phone's internal memory and copy the xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam under the ROOT directory.
- Then create a directory named Configs under GCam directory.
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the app and click on the blank space beside the capture button in two fingers.
- When prompted, tap on RESTORE to load the config file.
New Google Camera versions are keep on coming and so does new features, hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for OnePlus 7T. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the OnePlus 7T.