This post was last updated on January 19th, 2020 at 01:05 am
LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 5 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer codeworkx.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR OnePlus 5, WHICH MAY HAVE SOME MINOR BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR OnePlus 5:
- Upgrade to latest available official firmware
- ROM Download link of OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17
- OnePlus 5 TWRP Download (cheeseburger) for this OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17 (Download any GApps for ARM 32)
- How to Root LineageOS 17
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 5
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 5 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 5 for the first time:
- Make sure the phone is running on the latest OxygenOS firmware. If not, then update, or install it manually.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- First decrypt the data partition using TWRP recovery. Format the data partition to decrypt it.Make sure to remove any custom encryption pins/passwords etc. else decryption will fail!
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for OnePlus 5 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Install the OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 5.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 5, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 5
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 5, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 5, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 5.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 5 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam Download for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)