This post was last updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 05:34 pm
A working mod of Google Camera 7.2 or GCam for Nokia 7 Plus running on Android 10 or Android Pie is now available to download which is built by cstark27. This build of GCam 7.2 for Nokia 7 Plus has all the basic features working.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera 7, hence you get the same on this GCam 7.2 for Nokia 7 Plus, in addition, you get other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Slow motion, Time lapse etc.
Android compatibility of Nokia 7 Plus GCam 7.2
Google Camera 7.2 is compatible with Android Pie and Android 10. Hence the same goes for this GCam 7.2 for Nokia 7 Plus.
Astrophotography mode samples captured on Google Camera
Most likely Camera2 API is already enabled on Nokia 7 Plus. Visit the following link in case you want to verify the same:
– Verify and enable Camera2 API
Where to Download GCam 7.2 for Nokia 7 Plus?
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK 7.2 for Nokia 7 Plus:
Google Camera 7.2 for Nokia 7 Plus
NOTE: Comment below if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install Google Camera on Nokia 7 Plus?
- Download the GCam 7.2 from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Nokia 7 Plus.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.2 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are some settings available to forcefully enable astrophotography mode. Follow the below instructions to enable astrophotography mode:
- Go to Settings > PX Mod Settings > Show Astro Buttons (scroll to the end to get this setting) > Toggle the Enable Astrophotography Buttons to force enable the mode
- Once enabled, the Astrophotography button will be available in the Night Sight mode.
See the below screenshot to know how to force enable astrophotography on GCam 7.2
Usually, following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
– If the GCam takes a lot of time usually more than 30 seconds then it is capturing in astro mode.
– When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Try other GCam APK for Nokia 7 Plus
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app. You can try other GCam from various developers or from the huge device specific list.
That’s all for the Nokia 7 Plus’s Google camera 7.2 with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Nokia 7 Plus.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Nokia 7 Plus. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Nokia 7 Plus.