The famous and feature rich Google Camera / GCam for Nokia 7 Plus is now available to download which is brought to you by back.rider, cstark27. As of now the latest is GCam 7.3 but we only have till GCam 7.2 for the Nokia 7 Plus.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Nokia 7 Plus
- GCam 7.2
- GCam 6.2
- GCam 6.1
The Google camera 6.x brings night sight, time lapse and the GCam 7.x brings Astrophotography mode to the Nokia 7 Plus. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie and Android 10.
Status of this Nokia 7 Plus Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
How to Install Google Camera on Nokia 7 Plus?
- Download the GCam apk for Nokia 7 Plus from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.2 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are some settings available to forcefully enable astrophotography mode. Follow the below instructions to enable astrophotography mode:
- Go to Settings > PX Mod Settings > Show Astro Buttons (scroll to the end to get this setting) > Toggle the Enable Astrophotography Buttons to force enable the mode
- Once enabled, the Astrophotography button will be available in the Night Sight mode.
See the below screenshot to know how to force enable astrophotography on GCam 7.2
Usually, following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
– If the GCam takes a lot of time usually more than 30 seconds then it is capturing in astro mode.
– When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Nokia 7 Plus. This page will always have all GCam updates for the Nokia 7 Plus.