This post was last updated on December 5th, 2019 at 04:08 pm
A working build of Google Camera for Nokia 7.2 is now available to download, which is based on marlin-ku’s build. Reportedly this GCam works pretty well on the Nokia 7.2 with few manual settings.
This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera APK, so you can always expect that some features might not be available or might be broken! It is also possible that other Google Camera APK may work on Nokia 7.2 and this is not the only one, so don’t bother to try other builds.
About this Google Camera for Nokia 7.2:
Following are the features and fixes added on the marlin-ku’s v02 build of Google Camera 6.3.026 app:
- Built on Google camera version 6.3.026
- Added a choice of black level on the front and a mask selection
- fixed a bug with the missing photo sphere mode
- For retouching, select the mask pixel 2017
Status of this Nokia 7.2 Google Camera APK:
– Almost everything
Download Google Camera for Nokia 7.2
Don’t bother about Camera2 API, as it is enabled by default on devices shipped with Android Oreo or later.
How to Install Google Camera APK on Nokia 7.2?
- Download the Gcam APK for Nokia 7.2 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
Few manual settings need to be set on Nokia 7.2 Google Camera
Following are few basic settings to get the Google camera working on Nokia 7.2 optimally:
- Open Camera Settings > BSG MOD settings > Input Model > Change Interface Style – Pixel 2
- Configurations – PIXEL2018 ZSLR HDR+
- Go back – Enable Google Photos
- Disable Zoom (Preferably)
- Enable HDR+ Enhanced in Portrait Mode
- Open Saturation > Highlight Saturation – 1.8
- Shadow Saturation – 2.4 (For rear camera)
- Force stop the app and restart it again
That’s all with the Google camera for Nokia 7.2. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable Google Camera or latest versions for Nokia 7.2.
To get the GCam for other devices, you can visit the Google Camera APK page which is updated almost on a daily basis.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Nokia 7.2. Below forum will have all Google Camera apk for Nokia 7.2.