LineageOS 17.1 / 17 for Nexus 6p is now available to download and install from an unofficial build. This step by step guide explains how to install the same on Nexus 6p.
This Nexus 6p LineageOS 17.1 / 17 build is brought to you by developer PixelBoot.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Nexus 6p LineageOS 17.1 / 17 custom ROM
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 or 17 for Nexus 6p?
- [button anchor=”LineageOS 17.x Download” url=”https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=302684&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC” size=”medium” style=”hero” color=”primary”]
- Download bootloader, radio and vendor img extracted from stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image
- Nexus 6p TWRP Download for this LineageOS 17.1 / 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1 / 17 (Minimal GApps is included for now in the build. But this may be required for later builds)
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
How to Install LineageOS 17.x on Nexus 6p?
First time installation of the LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- Download and flash the bootloader, radio and vendor image using fastboot from stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image. Ignore if you already have it.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 / 17 ROM for Nexus 6p and the GApps for LineageOS 17.1 / 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Nexus 6p
- Wipe the system, data and Cache partition.
- Then format the data partition.
- Install the Nexus 6p LineageOS 17.1 / 17 zip file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Nexus 6p.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1 / 17
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 / 17 build, compatible GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Nexus 6p LineageOS 17.1 / 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Nexus 6p, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the ROM on Nexus 6p, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Nexus 6p.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Nexus 6p you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Rooting guide
Where to Download Google Camera for Nexus 6p LineageOS 17.1 / 17?
GCam 7.x version is compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)