This post was last updated on January 9th, 2020 at 06:47 pm
LineageOS 17 for Nexus 6p is now available to download and install from an unofficial build. This step by step guide explains how to install Android 10 based LineageOS 17 on Nexus 6p.
This Nexus 6p LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer PixelBoot.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to PixelBoot and LineageOS project:
– Donate to PixelBoot
– Donate to LineageOS project
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17 for Nexus 6p, which may have many bugs. Flash at your own risk.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Nexus 6p LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Nexus 6p:
- ROM Download link of Nexus 6p LineageOS 17
- Download bootloader, radio and vendor img extracted from stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image
- Nexus 6p TWRP Download for this LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17 (Minimal GApps is included for now in the build. But this may be required for later builds)
- How to Root LineageOS 17
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 17 on Nexus 6p?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Nexus 6p LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Nexus 6p
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Nexus 6p from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Install LineageOS 17 for Nexus 6p for the first time:
- Download and flash the bootloader, radio and vendor image using fastboot from stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image. Ignore if you already have it.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Nexus 6p and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Nexus 6p LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Nexus 6p– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the system, data and Cache partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Then format the data partition.
- Install the Nexus 6p LineageOS 17 zip file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 on Nexus 6p.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Nexus 6p (angler):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Nexus 6p, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Nexus 6p
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Nexus 6p LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Nexus 6p, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Nexus 6p, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Nexus 6p.