LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5X is now available to download and install from a developer build. This step by step guide explains how to install Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer svlog.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 ROM
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X?
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and system partition.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 ROM file and the GApps to your phone.
- Install the Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5X.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X (bullhead)
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5X, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5X
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Rooting
Where to Download Google Camera for Nexus 5x LineageOS 17.1?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)