This post was last updated on January 9th, 2020 at 06:51 pm
LineageOS 17 for Moto G2 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install the same on Moto G2 which is based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Moto G2 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer RenanQueiroz.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Moto G2, which may have many BUGs.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Moto G2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:
– RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
– Video Recording
– Video Playback
– Audio ( Record and Playback )
– Offline Charging
– SELinux is permissive
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Moto G2:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Moto G2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Moto G2 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Moto G2
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Moto G2 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Moto G2 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Moto G2 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install this Moto G2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, system partition– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the LineageOS 17 ROM file for Moto G2 that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Moto G2.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Moto G2 (titan):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Moto G2, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Moto G2
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Moto G2 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Moto G2, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Moto G2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Moto G2.