This post was last updated on January 19th, 2020 at 01:07 am
LineageOS 17 for Moto G 4G is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Moto G 4G LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Moto G 4G LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer ECr34T1v3.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to ECr34T1v3 and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for ECr34T1v3
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Moto G 4G, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Moto G 4G LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Moto G 4G:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Moto G 4G LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Moto G 4G LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Moto G 4G
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Moto G 4G from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Moto G 4G for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Moto G 4G and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install this Moto G 4G LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Moto G 4G– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, system partition and vendor partition (if it is available on your device).– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Moto G 4G LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Moto G 4G.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Moto G 4G (peregrine):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Moto G 4G, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Moto G 4G
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Moto G 4G LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Moto G 4G, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Moto G 4G, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Moto G 4G.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Moto G 4G you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Moto G 4G LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)