There is a good news that the Redmi 5 has received MIUI 12 update. This guide provides a direct download link and a step-by-step guide on how to install MIUI 12 on Redmi 5. This MIUI 12 port for Redmi 5 is brought to you by ElDorado.
This latest MIUI 12 download is announced lately for many devices but not the Redmi 5. This page will be updated with the other future updates of MIUI 12 for the device.
This update requires an unlocked bootloader, so you should consider keeping a backup of all the data on your phone.
MIUI 12 Features
The latest MIUI 12 has loads of features those are unmathced with any other custom ROM available out there.
Below are some the noteworthy key features from MIUI 12:
- Dynamic weather that changes the screen based on realtime climate on your place
- New icon animations and visually appealing graphics
- Certified Privacy protection features
- Application behavior is reported to the user to take more control on what to allow and what to restrict
- High risk behaviors are directly stopped without intervention of the user
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) application window
- System wide dark theme that supports thousands of Apps
- Huawei Health now provides Automatic health recording statistics at a very minimal power consumption
- Many more teeny tiny features like Game acceleration, Upcoming: a built-in task organiser and reminder, Smart travel for travel reminders, minimalistic mode for elders etc.
Redmi 5 MIUI 12 Update Information
This is the latest MIUI 12 version for the phone and below the details of the current released update file:
- Build date: 30th April 2020
- Security patch: April 2020
- Build version: 20.4.30
- Android version: Android 9
- File size: 1.4 GB
Where to Download MIUI 12 for Redmi 5?
Below is a direct link to download the recovery flashable OTA zip file:
- MIUI 12 Download for Redmi 5:
- TWRP for Redmi 5 to install MIUI 12
How To Install MIUI 12 on Redmi 5?
- Download the Redmi 5 MIUI 12 zip file and keep it in your PC (for ADB Sideload method) or copy it to the thone.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery (with SAR support) to install MIUI 12 on Redmi 5.
- Wipe system, data, and cache partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB sideload the MIUI 12 zip file
If ADB sideload is not working on recovery, just flash the zip using TWRP or the recovery you are using.
- Once installed, reboot the phone and enjoy MIUI 12 update on Redmi 5.
Once the installation is completed the phone will restart automatically. In case you face any problem installing this MIUI 12 update on Redmi 5, you can login and leave a reply with your concern to get a reply.