MIUI 12 for Moto G5 Plus is now available and can now be installed from a Mi 6X firmware port. This post gives you a direct link to download the same and a step-by-step guide to install MIUI 12 on Moto G5 Plus.
The MIUI 12 was recently released as a beta for many Xiaomi phones. This port of Moto G5 Plus MIUI 12 is brought to you by two developers: Abhishek Bharti and MihirGosai.
This update requires an unlocked bootloader on Moto G5 Plus, so you should consider keeping a backup of all the data on your phone.
The latest MIUI 12 has loads of features those are unbeatable with any other custom ROM available out there.
Below are some the noteworthy key features from MIUI 12:
- Dynamic weather that changes the screen based on realtime climate on your place
- New icon animations and visually appealing graphics
- Certified Privacy protection features
- Application behavior is reported to the user to take more control on what to allow and what to restrict
- High risk behaviors are directly stopped without intervention of the user
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) application window
- System wide dark theme that supports thousands of Apps
- The Health app provides Automatic health recording statistics at a very minimal power consumption
- Many more teeny tiny features like Game acceleration, Upcoming: a built-in task organiser and reminder, Smart travel for travel reminders, minimalistic mode for elders etc.
Moto G5 Plus MIUI 12 ROM Information
This is the latest MIUI 12 version for the phone and below the details of the current released update file:
- Ported from: MI 6X
- Build date: 21st May 2020
- Security patch: May 2020
- Build version: 20.5.21
- Android version: Android 9
- File size: ~1.6 GB
Where to Download MIUI 12 for Moto G5 Plus?
Below is a direct link to download the recovery flashable zip file and other required downloads:
- MIUI 12 ROM Download for Moto G5 Plus. (there are 2 ROM files available):
- TWRP for Moto G5 Plus to install MIUI 12
How To Install MIUI 12 on Moto G5 Plus?
This is an initial MIUI 12 build for the Moto G5 Plus which is a port from the Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI 12 build. Follow the below instructions to install this ROM.
Installing MIUI 12 Using TWRP
- Download the Moto G5 Plus MIUI 12 zip file and keep it in your PC (for ADB Sideload method) or copy it to the thone.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery (with SAR support) to install MIUI 12 on Moto G5 Plus.
- Wipe system, data, and cache partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB sideload the MIUI 12 zip file
If ADB sideload is not working on recovery, just flash the zip using TWRP or the recovery you are using.
- Once installed, reboot the phone and enjoy MIUI 12 update on Moto G5 Plus.
Rooting Moto G5 Plus on MIUI 12
If you want to root your phone, then follow the guide to root MIUI 12 ROM.
In case you face any problem installing this MIUI 12 update on Moto G5 Plus, you can login and leave a reply with your concern to get a reply.