This post was last updated on January 9th, 2020 at 07:09 pm
LineageOS 17 for Mi A1 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Mi A1 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Mi A1 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer flex1911.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Mi A1, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Mi A1 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:
– Almost everything, except listed below
– IMS services are working, but the actual functionality is not tested
– HW encryption is dead (may be?)
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Mi A1:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Mi A1 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi A1 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Mi A1
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Mi A1 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Mi A1 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Mi A1 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mi A1 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Mi A1– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Mi A1 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Mi A1.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Mi A1 (tissot):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Mi A1, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Mi A1
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Mi A1 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi A1, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi A1, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Mi A1.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing Mi A1 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 ROOT.