This post was last updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 05:35 pm
A working mod of Google Camera 7.0 or GCam for Mi 6X running on Android 10 based LineageOS 17 or LineageOS 17.1 is now available to download which is built by Arnova8G2. This build of GCam 7.0 for Mi 6X has all the basic features working.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera 7, hence you get the same on this GCam 7.0 for Mi 6X, in addition, you get other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Slow motion, Time lapse etc.
Android compatibility of Mi 6X GCam 7.0
Google Camera 7.0 is compatible with Android Pie and Android 10. Hence the same goes for this GCam 7.0 for Mi 6X.
Astrophotography mode samples captured on Google Camera
Most likely Camera2 API is already enabled on Mi 6X. Visit the following link in case you want to verify the same:
– Verify and enable Camera2 API
Where to Download GCam 7.0 for Mi 6X?
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK 7.0 for Mi 6X:
Google Camera 7.0 for Mi 6X
NOTE: Comment below if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install Google Camera on Mi 6X?
- Download the GCam 7.0 from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Mi 6X.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.0 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are conditions that must be met to enable astrophotography mode. Usually, following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
– If the GCam takes a lot of time usually more than 30 seconds then it is capturing in astro mode.
– When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Try other GCam APK for Mi 6X
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app. You can try other GCam from various developers or from the huge device specific list.
That’s all for the Mi 6X’s Google camera 7.0 with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Mi 6X.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Mi 6X. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Mi 6X.