Table of Contents
This post was last updated on July 16th, 2020 at 05:56 pm
Back in June, the brand announced the Android 11 Beta for the Mi 10 series. Now the brand has started pushing the Android 11 Beta for the Mi 10 in China. The new update is on top of MIUI 12 and is known as MIUI 12 beta development version.
However, the update will have some bugs and is not suggested to use if you’re using your device as a daily driver. Stay tuned with us for more stories like these.
Old Story Continues
While everyone is announcing Android 11 updates for their flagships Xiaomi has also announced the same for its Mi 10, and Mi 10 Pro. It is the latest flagship device from the brand which was launched in February 2020. The beta version is mainly for developers to adapt their apps to the upcoming Android version. Further, the beta version comes in a stock android version. So you also get a chance to experience vanilla Android 11. Xiaomi provides a fast boot ROM, and its installation is a tricky process.
They had also included a note which says to take a full backup, and end-users aren’t welcome to flash this build. As said, with the beta version developers can adapt, and run their apps in Android 11 without any issues. We will include the download links and steps for installation.
Download Android 11 beta for Mi 10/ Mi 10 Pro!
How to install Android 11 beta in Mi 10/Mi 10 Pro!
- Download and install the MiFlash Tool for Windows
- Download the Android 11 Fastboot ROM file from the above Downloads section and extract the files.
The fastboot firmware file will be in “.tgz” file extension. If not, convert it to .tgz.After extracting the files, the content in the directory should look like this:
- Boot the Mi 10 or the Mi 10 Pro into fastboot mode.
Turn off the phone and then press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button to boot into the fastboot mode.
- Open the MiFlash tool, Click on Select button and then browse and select the directory link where you have extracted the MIUI Fastboot ROM files.
- First click on the Refresh button, which should automatically recognize your Xiaomi device.
- Now click on the Flash button on the MiFlash utility. Once the flashing process is done, you will see a Success note on the MiFlash Tool.
That’s all on updating Android 11 for Mi 10 or Mi 10 Pro. Once the Android 11 makes public release this post will be updated with the new links. Keep visiting for more of such updates.