Table of Contents
- 1 Donation to Developer(s)
- 2 Download LineageOS 18 for Zenfone Max Pro M2
- 3 How to Update Zenfone Max Pro M2 to LineageOS 18 (Android 11)?
- 4 Add-on Downloads
This post was last updated on September 24th, 2020 at 11:28 am
Latest from Lineage, which is the LineageOS 18 for Zenfone Max Pro M2 is now available from an unofficial build. LineageOS 18 is the latest build which is based on the latestly available Android 11 download.
This post explains how to install LineageOS 18 on Zenfone Max Pro M2, in a step-by-step guide.
Donation to Developer(s)
All the LineageOS 18 development work coming, are volunteer based! If you want this project keep going, please contribute to the developer(s) and the LineageOS project.
– Donate to LineageOS project
This is an initial build of LineageOS 18 for Zenfone Max Pro M2 which may have many BUGs. So, backup your current firmware to go back if something goes wrong!
Download LineageOS 18 for Zenfone Max Pro M2
Below is the direct download link to the latest build of LineageOS 18 for Zenfone Max Pro M2
Below is a list of other resources required to install this ROM.
- Unlocked Bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Custom recovery for Zenfone Max Pro M2. We have the below recoveries available for the device:
- TWRP for Zenfone Max Pro M2
links to download and guide in the respective section below)
Zenfone Max Pro M2 LineageOS 18 System Build Information (latest build)
I have verified the build for its legitimacy by extracting the system image. Below are the data what I have got, which clarifies this to be a valid build for the phone:
ro.build.id=RP1A.200720.009 ro.build.display.id=lineage_X01BD-userdebug 11 RP1A.200720.009 eng.rk.20200914.145354 release-keys ro.build.version.release=11 ro.build.date=Mon Sep 14 14:53:52 IST 2020 ro.build.product=X01BD ro.build.description=sdm660_64-user 10 QKQ1 41 release-keys
– None (as reported by Ranan Rodrigues in the comments section below)
How to Update Zenfone Max Pro M2 to LineageOS 18 (Android 11)?
To install LineageOS 18 on a phone, it must have a custom recovery, which in turn, requires an unlocked bootloader.
This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader of Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Finally, installing LineageOS 18 ROM
Unlock Bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M2
Follow this guide to unlock bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M2. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Zenfone Max Pro M2.The bootloader must be unlocked on the phone before you can flash a custom recoery and the LineageOS 18 ROM!
Install custom recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M2
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Zenfone Max Pro M2. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M2.
Install LineageOS 18 on Zenfone Max Pro M2You must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed before you can install LineageOS 18 on Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Download the LineageOS 18 ROM for Zenfone Max Pro M2 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC, if you intend to install it using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery mode (TWRP, Lineage or any other recovery) and then Wipe the data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!– This step will erase the current firmware and probably all the data stored in the phone. You can choose to keep a backup of all the files and the boot and system partition so that you can rollback if the new build doesn’t work properly.
- Install LineageOS 18 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the LineageOS 18 on Zenfone Max Pro M2.
You can use any one of the above mentioned method to install the zip file on the phone.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into LineageOS 18 on Zenfone Max Pro M2 which is based on Android 11.
After installing the LineageOS 18 ROM you are good to go with the phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to get the most out of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the LineageOS 18 ROM on your Zenfone Max Pro M2.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Search a compatible Google Camera for your phone that may run on this LineageOS 18 ROM.
Also, visit the Zenfone Max Pro M2 (X01BD) page to get other LineageOS 18 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.