The latest, LineageOS 18 for Zenfone Max Pro M1 is now available from an unofficial build which is brought to you by LordShenron. LineageOS 18 is the latest build which is based on the latestly available Android 11 download.
This post explains how to install LineageOS 18 on Zenfone Max Pro M1, in a step-by-step guide.
Donation to Developer(s)
All the LineageOS 18 development work coming, are volunteer-based! If you want this project to keep going, please contribute to the developer(s) and the LineageOS project.
– Donate to LordShenron
– Donate to LineageOS project
Other Requirements to Install LineageOS 18 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post-installation requiremnt is, GApps for Android 11.
Zenfone Max Pro M1 LineageOS 18 System Build Information (latest build)
I have verified the build for its legitimacy by extracting the system image. Below are the data what I have got, which clearly presents this to be a valid build for the phone:
- we will update soon.
How to Update Zenfone Max Pro M1 to LineageOS 18 (Android 11)?
To install LineageOS 18 on a phone, it must have a custom recovery, which in turn, requires an unlocked bootloader.
This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader of Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Finally, installing LineageOS 18 ROM
Unlock Bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M1
Follow this guide to unlock bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M1. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Install custom recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Zenfone Max Pro M1. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Install LineageOS 18 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Download the LineageOS 18 ROM for Zenfone Max Pro M1 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC, if you intend to install it using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery mode (TWRP, Lineage or any other recovery) and then Wipe the data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Install LineageOS 18 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the LineageOS 18 on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into LineageOS 18 on Zenfone Max Pro M1 which is based on Android 11.
After installing the LineageOS 18 ROM you are good to go with the phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to get the most out of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the LineageOS 18 ROM on your Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
– GCam for Zenfone Max Pro M1
Also, visit the Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00TD) page to get other LineageOS 18 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.