Table of Contents
- 1 Donation to Developer(s)
- 2 Download LineageOS 18 for Redmi Note 7
- 3 How to Update Redmi Note 7 to LineageOS 18 (Android 11)?
- 4 Add-on Downloads
This post explains how to install LineageOS 18 on Redmi Note 7, in a step-by-step guide.
Donation to Developer(s)
All the LineageOS 18 development work coming, are volunteer based! If you want this project keep going, please contribute to the developer(s) and the LineageOS project.
– Donate to LineageOS project
This is an initial build of LineageOS 18 for Redmi Note 7 which has many BUGs. So, backup your current firmware to go back if something goes wrong!
Download LineageOS 18 for Redmi Note 7
Below is the direct download link to the latest build of LineageOS 18 for Redmi Note 7
Other Downloads Required for This Build
Below is a list of other resources required to install this ROM.
- Unlocked Bootloader on Redmi Note 7
- Custom recovery for Redmi Note 7. We have the below recoveries available for the device:
- TWRP for Redmi Note 7
links to download and guide in the respective section below)
- GApps already included
Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 18 System Build Information (latest build)
I have verified the build for its legitimacy by extracting the system image and the vendor image. The system image data shows it is built of Zuk Z2 LineageOS 18!
So, I have verified with the vendor image which then clarified that this is a build of LineageOS 18 for Redmi Note 7.
ro.build.id=RP1A.200720.009 ro.build.version.release=11 ro.build.date=Sun Sep 13 14:29:15 CEST 2020 ro.build.flavor=lineage_z2_plus-userdebug ro.build.product=Redmi ro.build.description=z2_plus-user 7.0 NRD90M 3.1.117_171110 release-keys ro.build.system_root_image=true
Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 18 Vendor Product Information
ro.product.board=sdm660 ro.product.vendor.brand=Xiaomi ro.product.vendor.device=lavender ro.product.vendor.manufacturer=Xiaomi ro.product.vendor.model=Redmi Note 7 ro.product.vendor.name=lineage_lavender
How to Update Redmi Note 7 to LineageOS 18 (Android 11)?
To install LineageOS 18 on a phone, it must have a custom recovery, which in turn, requires an unlocked bootloader.
This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader of Redmi Note 7
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Finally, installing LineageOS 18 ROM
Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 7
Follow this guide to unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 7. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 7.The bootloader must be unlocked on the phone before you can flash a custom recoery and the LineageOS 18 ROM!
Install custom recovery on Redmi Note 7
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Redmi Note 7. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Redmi Note 7.
Install LineageOS 18 on Redmi Note 7You must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed before you can install LineageOS 18 on Redmi Note 7.
- Download the LineageOS 18 ROM for Redmi Note 7 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC, if you intend to install it using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery mode (TWRP, Lineage or any other recovery) and then Wipe the data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!– This step will erase the current firmware and probably all the data stored in the phone. You can choose to keep a backup of all the files and the boot and system partition so that you can rollback if the new build doesn’t work properly.
- Install LineageOS 18 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the LineageOS 18 on Redmi Note 7.
You can use any one of the above mentioned method to install the zip file on the phone.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into LineageOS 18 on Redmi Note 7 which is based on Android 11.
After installing the LineageOS 18 ROM you are good to go with the phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to get the most out of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the LineageOS 18 ROM on your Redmi Note 7.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Search a compatible Google Camera for your phone that may run on this LineageOS 18 ROM.
Also, visit the Redmi Note 7 (lavender) page to get other LineageOS 18 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.