LineageOS 18 for Mi 5 is now available to download. This article explains how to install the ROM on Mi 5 with a step-by-step guide. This is an initial build but can be used as a daily driver.
Follow the links to get other Android 11 builds: Android 11 Download for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
LineageOS 18 development and porting is a voluntary work! If you want this project keep going, please contribute to the developer(s) and the LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of the Mi 5 LineageOS 18 ROM
– Almost everything except listed below
– VoLTE (This should be fixed in the latest update of 4th October 2020)
How to Install LineageOS 18 on Mi 5?
First time Installation of LineageOS 18 on Mi 5
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 18 ROM for Mi 5 and a compatible GApps to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mi 5 LineageOS 18 ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Mi 5
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
- Install the Mi 5 LineageOS 18 ROM file using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the ROM.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the Android 11 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 11 based LineageOS 18 for Mi 5.
Upgrading LineageOS 18 on Mi 5 (gemini):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 18 for Mi 5, Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated ROM for Mi 5
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Mi 5 LineageOS 18 update, either using TWRP recovery or ADB Sideload.
- Reboot and see if you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 18 on Mi 5, then download Android 11 GApps and then flash it.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 18 on Mi 5, then flash the Magisk rooting package or follow this Android 11 root guide.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 18 on Mi 5.
Add-on links for Mi 5