Table of Contents
- 1 Donation to Developer(s)
- 2 Download LineageOS 18 for Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus)
- 3 How to Update Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus) to LineageOS 18 (Android 11)?
- 4 Add-on Downloads
This post was last updated on September 15th, 2020 at 09:06 pm
LineageOS 18 for Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus) is now available from an unofficial build which is brought to you by developer DD3Boh. LineageOS 18 is the latest build which is based on the latestly available Android 11 download.
This post explains how to install LineageOS 18 on Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus), in a step-by-step guide.
Donation to Developer(s)
All these LineageOS 18 work that we publish here are volunteer based. If you want this project going, please contribute to the developer(s) and the LineageOS project.
– Donate to DD3Boh
– Donate to LineageOS project
This is an initial build of LineageOS 18 for Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus) which has many BUGs. So, backup your current firmware to go back if something goes wrong!
Download LineageOS 18 for Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus)
Below is the direct download link to the latest build of LineageOS 18 for Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus)
Below is a list of other resources required to install this ROM.
Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus) LineageOS 18 Build Information (latest build)
I have verified the build for its legitimacy by extracting the system image. Below are the data what I have got, which clearly presents this to be a valid build for the phone:
ro.build.id=RP1A.200720.009 ro.build.display.id=lineage_z2_plus-userdebug 11 RP1A.200720.009 eng.dd3boh.20200913.133422 test-keys ro.build.version.sdk=30 ro.build.version.release=11 ro.build.date=Sun Sep 13 14:29:15 CEST 2020 ro.build.product=z2_plus ro.build.description=z2_plus-user 7.0 NRD90M 3.1.117_171110 release-keys
– Selinux Permissive
How to Update Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus) to LineageOS 18 (Android 11)?
To install LineageOS 18 on a phone, it must have a custom recovery, which in turn, requires an unlocked bootloader.
This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader of Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus)
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Finally, installing LineageOS 18 ROM
Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus)
Follow this guide to unlock bootloader on Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus). A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus).
Install custom recovery on Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus)
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus). Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus).
- TWRP for Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus)
- OrangeFox for Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus)
Install LineageOS 18 on Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus)
- Download the LineageOS 18 ROM for Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus) and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC, if you intend to install it using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery mode (TWRP, Lineage or any other recovery) and then Wipe the data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!– This step will erase the current firmware and probably all the data stored in the phone. You can choose to keep a backup of all the files and the boot and system partition so that you can rollback if the new build doesn’t work properly.
- Install LineageOS 18 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the LineageOS 18 on Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus).
You can use any one of the above mentioned method to install the zip file on the phone.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
– Basically, The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into LineageOS 18 on Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus) which is based on Android 11.
After installing the LineageOS 18 ROM and the GApps file, you are good to go with the phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to get the most out of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the LineageOS 18 ROM on your Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus).
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Search a compatible Google Camera for your phone that may run on this LineageOS 18 ROM.
Also, visit the Lenovo Zuk Z2 (Plus) (z2_plus) page to get other LineageOS 18 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.