LineageOS 18 for Galaxy S7 Edge is now available to download. This article explains how to install the ROM on Galaxy S7 Edge with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 18 build for Galaxy S7 Edge is brought to you by developer Ivan_Meler.
Follow the links to get other Android 11 builds: Android 11 Download for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
LineageOS 18 development and porting is a voluntary work! If you want this project keep going, please contribute to the developer(s) and the LineageOS project:
– Donate to Ivan_Meler
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of the Galaxy S7 Edge LineageOS 18 ROM
How to Install LineageOS 18 on Galaxy S7 Edge?
First time Installation of LineageOS 18 on Galaxy S7 Edge
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 18 ROM for Galaxy S7 Edge and a compatible GApps to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Galaxy S7 Edge LineageOS 18 ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
- Install the Galaxy S7 Edge LineageOS 18 ROM file using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the ROM.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the Android 11 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 11 based LineageOS 18 for Galaxy S7 Edge.
Upgrading LineageOS 18 on Galaxy S7 Edge (hero2lte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 18 for Galaxy S7 Edge, Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated ROM for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Galaxy S7 Edge LineageOS 18 update, either using TWRP recovery or ADB Sideload.
- Reboot and see if you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 18 on Galaxy S7 Edge, then download Android 11 GApps and then flash it.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 18 on Galaxy S7 Edge, then flash the Magisk rooting package or follow this Android 11 root guide.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 18 on Galaxy S7 Edge.
Add-on links for Galaxy S7 Edge