Official build of LineageOS 18.1 for Mi Mix is now available to download. This article explains how to install the ROM on the phone with a step-by-step guide.
This LineageOS 18.1 build for Mi Mix is brought to you by the official Lineage Team.
Follow the links to get other Android 11 builds: Android 11 Download for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
LineageOS 18.1 development and porting is a voluntary work! If you want this project keep going, please contribute to the developer(s) and the LineageOS project:
INSTALLING A CUSTOM ROM MAY DELETE ALL THE DATA ON YOUR PHONE.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL IMPORTANT DATA.
KEEP IT IN MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.[/notification] [notification style=”warning”]Installing LineageOS 18.1 for Mi Mix requires an unlock bootloader on Mi Mix, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.[/notification]
Status of the Mi Mix LineageOS 18.1 ROM
– Almost Everything
Where to download LineageOS 18.1 for Mi Mix?
- LineageOS 18.1 Download for Mi Mix – Download
- Mi Mix TWRP Download (lithium) for this Mi Mix LineageOS 18.1 ROM
- GApps for Android 11
- How to Root Android 11
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux / MAC
How to Install LineageOS 18.1 on Mi Mix?[notification style=”info”] Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi Mix LineageOS 18.1 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 18.1 for Mi Mix
- Upgrading LineageOS 18.1 for Mi Mix from a previous build of LineageOS 18.1 ROM
First time Installation of LineageOS 18.1 on Mi Mix[notification style=”info”]This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.[/notification]
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 18.1 ROM for Mi Mix and a compatible GApps to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mi Mix LineageOS 18.1 ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Mi Mix
[notification style=”warning”]- By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.[/notification]
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.[notification style=”info”]- Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.[/notification][notification style=”danger”]This will delete everything on your phone! You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions. Below are few links that may help you in backing up:
– How to backup Android data
– how to take NANDROID backup on TWRP recovery[/notification]
- Install the Mi Mix LineageOS 18.1 ROM file using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the ROM.
[notification style=”info”]You can use any one of the above mentioned method to install the ROM zip file on the phone.[/notification]
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the Android 11 GApps package.
[notification style=”info”]- Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.[/notification]
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 11 based LineageOS 18.1 for Mi Mix.
Upgrading LineageOS 18.1 on Mi Mix (lithium):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 18.1 for Mi Mix, Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated ROM for Mi Mix
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Mi Mix LineageOS 18.1 update, either using TWRP recovery or ADB Sideload.
- Reboot and see if you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
[notification style=”success”]- Most Gapps are built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.[/notification]
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 18.1 on Mi Mix, then download Android 11 GApps and then flash it.
[notification style=”info”]- Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.[/notification]
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 18.1 on Mi Mix, then flash the Magisk rooting package or follow this Android 11 root guide.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 18.1 on Mi Mix.