This post was last updated on March 27th, 2020 at 12:13 am
Mi A3 LineageOS 17 build is now available to download. This article explains how to install Mi A3 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This custom ROM build of “Mi A3 LineageOS 17” is brought to you by developer IamJoker03.
- 1 DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
- 2 Where to Download LineageOS 17 for Mi A3?
- 3 How to Install LineageOS 17 on Mi A3?
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17 for Mi A3, which may have many bugs.
Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone. Neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17 build?
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
Where to Download LineageOS 17 for Mi A3?
- LineageOS 17 Download (build date:3rd December 2019)
- TWRP Download to install LineageOS 17 ROM
- LineageOS 17 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17 on Mi A3?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi A3 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- Installing LineageOS 17 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing LineageOS 17 ROM build
First Time Installation of Mi A3 LineageOS 17 –
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install the “Mi A3 LineageOS 17” Android 10 based custom ROM.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, first, unlock the bootloader, download TWRP from above download link and install and then proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and the system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB Sideload the Mi A3 LineageOS 17 zip file– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Mi A3.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17 on Mi A3 –
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Mi A3
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17 zip file for Mi A3.– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi A3, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi A3, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Mi A3.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 Rooting
GCam for LineageOS 17 or Android 10?
You can visit the Mi A3 GCam page to get the latest available compatible GCam for the phone.
GCam 7.x version are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 version in general.
In case you do not find a suitable GCam for the Mi A3 then you can look into the big list of Google Camera downloads to find for other phones.
You can always leave a comment to get a compatible GCam if not available or for any concerns installing this ROM.