OnePlus Nord is the new budget phone released recently and we have the LineageOS 17.1 available to download, for the phone. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord, with a step-by-step guide.
This OnePlus Nord LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer lakshay18. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to lakshay18 and LineageOS project:
– donation to lakshay18
– Donate to LineageOS project
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord, which may have many bugs
Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone. Neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Installing the “OnePlus Nord LineageOS 17.1” requires an unlock bootloader on OnePlus Nord, which may VOID the warranty of your phone.
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?
– Almost Everything
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord?
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord?
Below are the two sub-sections of this OnePlus Nord LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- Installing LineageOS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing LineageOS 17.1 ROM build
Installing LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord for first time
This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
This build is available in fastboot flashable .img formats. Follow the instructions in order to successfully flash LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord!
- Download all the files from the download link.
- Reboot your phone into fastboot or bootloader mode.
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, first, unlock bootloader
to proceed ahead.
- On the bootloader mode, execute the below commands to flash the respective images:
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
- The phone reboot to the newly installed LineageOS 17.1 on your OnePlus Nord.
- Then, reboot your OnePlus Nord into the TWRP recovery mode.
- From the TWRP interface, install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord –
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file or fastboot flash the .img files.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord.
How to Root OnePlus Nord on LineageOS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Rooting guide or the OnePlus Nord rooting guide.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU
rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
The latest versions of Google Camera are compatible on the OnePlus Nord. Having said that, the already existing GCam for OnePlus Nord will also work on this build of LineageOS 17.1.
Stay tuned to the OnePlus Nord (avicii)
page for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.