Table of Contents
- 1 DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
- 2 Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord?
- 3 How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord?
OnePlus Nord is the new budget phone released recently and we have the LineageOS 17.1 available to download, for the phone. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord, which may have many bugs.
Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone. Neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?
– Almost Everything
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord?
- LineageOS 17.1 Download (build date: 15th August 2020)
- Download TWRP for OnePlus Nord (to install this LineageOS 17.1 ROM)
- OnePlus Nord unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB and Fastboot for Linux
– ADB Fastboot for MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord?
Below are the two sub-sections of this OnePlus Nord LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- Installing LineageOS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing LineageOS 17.1 ROM build
Installing LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord for first time
This build is available in fastboot flashable .img formats. Follow the instructions in order to successfully flash LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord!
- Download all the files from the download link.
- Reboot your phone into fastboot or bootloader mode.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, first, unlock bootloader to proceed ahead.
- One in the bootloader mode, execute the below commands to flash the respective images:
fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot -w fastboot reboot
- The phone reboot to the newly installed LineageOS 17.1 on your OnePlus Nord.
- Then, reboot your OnePlus Nord into the TWRP recovery mode.
- From the TWRP interface, install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord –
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file or fastboot flash the .img files.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
How to Root OnePlus Nord on LineageOS 17.1?
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?