Table of Contents
- 1 DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
- 2 Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy Note 9?
- 3 How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy Note 9?
This post was last updated on March 27th, 2020 at 12:13 am
Galaxy Note 9 (N960F) LineageOS 17.1 build is now available to download. This article explains how to install Galaxy Note 9 LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Galaxy Note 9 LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer abtekk.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing custom ROM will delete all data on your phone. Make sure you copy all important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?
-Iris Sensor is not working.
-IMS services like – Volte, VoWIFI, etc
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy Note 9?
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy Note 9?
Below are the two sub-sections of this ROM update guide –
- Installing LineageOS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing LineageOS 17.1 ROM build
First Time Installation of Galaxy Note 9 LineageOS 17.1 –
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install this LineageOS 17.1 ROM on Galaxy Note 9.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)IMPORTANT NOTE:
Use Odin without “Auto Reboot” option to flash the TWRP.
After flashing TWRP via Odin, manually reboot to TWRP recovery by holding the key combination of Vol UP + Home + Power.
Don’t reboot to the stock image which restores the stock recovery.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Galaxy Note 9.– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy Note 9.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy Note 9:
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy Note 9
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file.– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy Note 9, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy Note 9, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining LineageOS 17.1 Root
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy Note 9.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy Note 9 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Root
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.x series is released with Android 10 OS version. To get a compatible Google Camera APK for your phone you can always look into the list of GCam APK download page.