Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy J4 Core is now available to download. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy J4 Core, with a step-by-step guide.
For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy J4 Core?
First Time Installation of Galaxy J4 Core LineageOS 17.1 –
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install this Galaxy J4 Core LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 based custom ROM.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Galaxy J4 Core.
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy J4 Core.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy J4 Core:
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy J4 Core
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
How to Root Galaxy J4 Core on LineageOS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy J4 Core you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download page to get a compatible GCam for your phone.