Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy A5 2016 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy A5 2016 which is based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This custom ROM build of “Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy A5 2016”, is brought to you by developer danwood76.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
BUG Report of this LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy A5 2016
– Calls, SMS, Mobile Data
– SELinux Enforcing
– WiFi tether (hotspot) fixed in 21/01/2020 release
– HD headsets in call fixed in 21/01/2020 release
– IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
– NFC HCE (GooglePay etc)
– Finger Print scanner has been reported unstable
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy A5 2016?
Install the LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy A5 2016 for the first time
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install the “Galaxy A5 2016 LineageOS 17.1” Android 10 based custom ROM.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and the system partition.
- ADB Sideload the Galaxy A5 2016 LineageOS 17.1 zip file
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy A5 2016.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy A5 2016 (a5xelte)
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy A5 2016
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Galaxy A5 2016.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy A5 2016, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy A5 2016, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy A5 2016.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy A5 2016 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Root
Where to Download Google Camera for Galaxy A5 2016 LineageOS 17.1?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera App download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)