Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy A40 is now available to download from an official build. This article explains how to install the official Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy A40 with a step-by-step guide.
This Galaxy A40 Lineage OS 17.1 build is brought to you by LineageOs. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK
Installing custom ROM will delete all data on your phone. Make sure you copy all important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?
Where to Download the Galaxy A40 Lineage OS 17.1?
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy A40?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Galaxy A40 Lineage OS 17.1 update guide:
- Installing LineageOS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing LineageOS 17.1 ROM build
First Time Installation of Galaxy A40 Lineage OS 17.1 –
This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred to in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install this Galaxy A40 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 based custom ROM.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung
using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
Use Odin without “Auto Reboot” option to flash the TWRP.
After flashing TWRP via Odin, manually reboot to TWRP recovery by holding the key combination of Vol UP + Home + Power.
Don’t reboot to the stock image which restores the stock recovery.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Galaxy A40.
– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy A40.
Upgrading from earlier Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy A40:
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy A40
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1
on Galaxy A40.
How to Root Galaxy A40 Lineage OS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy A40 you may want to enable ROOT on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip
to enable ROOT access.
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download page for a compatible GCam for your phone.
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy A40
page for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.