Table of Contents
This post was last updated on October 24th, 2019 at 11:12 am
As you may know, LineageOS team has started rolling out LineageOS 16 support for many devices starting from March, 2019. This time the LineageOS devs have added LineageOS 16 support for the Xiaomi Mi 5, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi Mix, Mi Note 2.
Where to Download LineageOS 16 for Xiaomi Mi 5, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi Mix, Mi Note 2:
To download the LineageOS 16 ROM update for the above Xiaomi phones, you can visit the below link(s):
- LineageOS 16 Download for Mi 5
- LineageOS 16 Download for Mi 5s
- LineageOS 16 Download for Mi 5s Plus
- LineageOS 16 Download for Mi Mix
- LineageOS 16 Download for Mi Note 2
How to Update to LineageOS 16:
- optionally, take a back up of the current firmware of your phone.
- Then, download the LineageOS 16 build for you phone from one of the below method.
– You can directly download the ROM build from the above provided link.
– If you are already on a LineageOS 15.1 from an official update, you can just download the latest LineageOS 16 build for your phone from the updater app from the LineageOS settings menu.
- Start your phone into recovery mode.
– Make sure you already have a TWRP recovery.
- Delete the system partition.
- Install the LineageOS 16.
Other LineageOS 16 updates:
Above links contains the update guide for individual devices. You can follow these as well to update the respective phone to LineageOS 16 based on Android Pie 9.0.