This post was last updated on January 9th, 2020 at 06:49 pm
LineageOS 17 for LG G2 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install LG G2 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This LG G2 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer YoDevil.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR LG G2, WHICH HAS HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the LG G2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:
– Camera (* stock camera app incorrectly rotates and crops pictures taken in portrait mode)
– User storage
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR LG G2:
- ROM Download link of LG G2 LineageOS 17
- LG G2 TWRP Download (d802) for this LG G2 LineageOS 17 ROM
- KitKat Bump bootloader for LG G2 (d802)
- Install stock lollipop firmware for LG G2
– Flash from kdz file for LG G2
- One Click Root APK Download
- Autorec Lollipop for LG G2 (d802)
- LineageOS 17 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LG G2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LG G2 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for LG G2
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for LG G2 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for LG G2 for the first time:
- Download the appropriate stock lollipop firmware for LG G2 from the above stock firmware download link.
- Install the firmware which is in kdz format using LGUP tool.
- Root the fresh stock firmware using One click root.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Install TWRP for LG G2 using AutoRec app.
- Once TWRP is installed by the AutoRec app, boot into the recovery and install the TWRP 3.3 listed in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for LG G2 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery again to install this LG G2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for LG G2
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the LG G2 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for LG G2.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for LG G2 (d802):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for LG G2, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for LG G2
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the LG G2 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on LG G2, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on LG G2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on LG G2.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LG G2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 ROOT.