Samsung which is not very popular when it comes to rolling out firmware updates and especially for the older smartphones is on a roll this year. Samsung has recently updated quite a few older smartphone by rolling out security updates and firmware updates. The recent one to join the list is the 2013 Samsung Galaxy J3. Yes, you heard it right and in this post, we will guide you on how to download and install Android 9 Pie on Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) [Including One UI]. Moreover, note that Samsung has also rolled out the One UI which is the latest redesigned UI for its smartphones.
You might remember that the Samsung J3 comes with Android Nougat 7.0 out of the box and with this guide you can upgrade your 2013 Galaxy J3 to the Android 9 Pie with the latest stable One UI. Moreover, previously the One UI was launched for the J7 Duo and now it catching up with all the other J-series smartphones. The updates will be received via OTA and are currently serving the regions of Vietnam and Russia. But, in this post, we will give you the download link to the firmware and also guide you on how to install it on your Samsung Galaxy J3. You also get the latest July 2019 security patch and the firmware weighs around 2GB.
So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) [Including One UI]
|Model name||Samsung Galaxy J3|
|Android Version||Android 9.0 Pie|
|Security Patch Level||2019-07-01|
Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) Android 9 Pie Update Official Changelog
- Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they’re always within reach.
- New designs and features such as Night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- In an app’s notification settings, tap the switch once to turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
- The new adaptive theme changes your keyboard look based on the colors of the surrounding app.
- The floating keyboard is available in all apps and has a new size and transparency settings.
- You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device care (formerly Device maintenance)
- Performance modes are streamlined and integrated into power-saving modes.
- The Edge panel for device maintenance is discontinued.
- Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
- You can now sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls.
- Your call history can include up to 2000 entries (increased from 500 entries).
- The new drawer menu makes it easier to manage contacts from various accounts.
- The new Scene optimizer automatically enhances the camera’s color settings to fit the scene.
- Photo Editor Pro’s editing tools have been added to Gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups without leaving the app.
- The new storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
- You can now show or hide items on the My Files Home screen.
Other improvements and changes
- Call stickers have been discontinued.
- HEIF images are now supported.
Download Link for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) Android 9.0 Pie Update
This update will reach your device via OTA and it will take some time as it is covered region wise. However, if you wish to install it on your device right now then, you can download the firmware file from the link given below. This link is all thanks to Sammobile.Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) Android 9 Pie Update
- You need to charge your device to at least 50% or more.
- Make sure to backup your personal data on your device.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download the latest Odin Flash Tool.
Steps To Install Android 9 Pie Update on Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017)
- Firstly, download the Android 9 Pie Update for the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) from the above download section.
- Now, extract the firmware on your PC. You will notice five different files (AP, BL, CP, CSC, and Home_CSC).
- Download and extract the latest Odin flash tool.
- Then, open the Odin.exe file.
- Turn Off your Galaxy J3.
- Now, long-press the Volume UP + Power Key together until a warning screen flashes.
- There will be two options and you need to press the Volume Up button to boot into the Download Mode.
- Once you are in the Download Mode, connect your device to your PC via a USB cable.
- In the Odin tool, if you see a blue bar right above the ID: COM, it means that your device has connected successfully.
- Load all the files extracted from the firmware file (AP, BL, CP, CSC, and Home_CSC) to its respective places in the Odin tool.
- This is an important step. If you want to wipe off the data on your device then, you need to select the CSC file otherwise go ahead with the Home_CSC file. (It is recommended to have a clean flash to avoid any compatibility issues)
- Once you have loaded all the files, click on the Start button.
- This will begin the flash process and you can check the progress in the Odin tool.
- After the device is successfully flashed, your device will reboot.
- That’s it! You have successfully installed the latest Android 9.0 Pie update with the OneUI for the Galaxy J3 (2017).
This will allow you to use your Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) device on the latest Android 9.0 Pie update before the OTA arrives. You can also experience and use the latest skin from Samsung, the OneUI.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have successfully installed the latest Android 9.0 Pie update for the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) that includes the latest July 2019 security update and also the OneUI. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have faced any issues and also report to us if you face any link failure as well. Moreover, also do report if you come across any link failure as well. Until the next post…Cheers!