This post was last updated on January 19th, 2020 at 01:08 am
LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer tarkzim.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR HTC U Ultra, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:
– Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
– USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
– Audio (Top speaker)
– Video Playback
– Touch screen
– Fingerprint Sensor
– Double Tap to Wake (Only supported on DUGL variant for now!)
– Secondary Screen (now it’s working as a “Notch/Cutout” like other devices!, this area is now status bar)
– RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
– Camera / Camcorder
– Type-C Headphone Audio
– Hardware Encryption
– Stereo Speaker
– GNSS GPS (NOT TESTED)
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR HTC U Ultra:
- Stock Oreo firmware is needed to install LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra
- ROM Download link of HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17
- HTC U Ultra TWRP Download (oce) for this HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 ROM
- LineageOS 17 GApps Download
- How to Root LineageOS 17
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for HTC U Ultra and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for HTC U Ultra– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data, and Cache partition from TWRP.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Format data from TWRP (this is required when coming from stock firmware!))
- Install the HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra (oce):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)