This post was last updated on January 16th, 2020 at 02:05 pm
LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer fagyi.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17.1 FOR HTC 10,
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM:
– Almost everything
– IMS – VOLTE
– SeLinux permissive ( will be fixed when the bugs are fixed )
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10?
- Stock Oreo firmware is needed to install LineageOS 17.1 on HTC 10
- ROM Download link of HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1
- HTC 10 TWRP Download (pme) for this HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- LineageOS 17.1 GApps Download
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on HTC 10?
Following are the two sub-sections of this HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10
- Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10 from a previous build of LineageOS 17.1 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 ROM for HTC 10 and the GApps for LineageOS 17.1 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for HTC 10– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and prpmeed ahead.
- Format data from TWRP (this is required when coming from stock firmware!)If running on HTC Sense UI, then format the data partition to decrypt it. THIS IS IMPORTANT. DON'T SKIP!
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Wipe the data, system and Cache partition from TWRP.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10 (pme):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on HTC 10, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on HTC 10, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on HTC 10.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 ROOT.