Last month, Xiaomi launched the new series smartphones in its home market, Xiaomi Mi CC9, Mi CC9 Meitu Edition (CC9mt) and Mi CC9e. Here in this article, we will guide you how to unlock Xiaomi mi C99 and C99 Meitu Edition bootloader. We already covered unlock Xiaomi Mi CC9e bootloader article. If you are looking for unlock bootloader of the Xiaomi Mi CC9 and CC9 Meitu Edtion guide, then you are at the right place. Just follow the article step by step and you will get the procedure, necessary downloads and all the required things that need in the process.
Xiaomi Mi CC9 and Mi CC9 Meitu edition have 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display panel that supports 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution and offer 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Both the phones have minimal waterdrop notch design that carries 32-megapixel selfie camera sensor. The display of the phones protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. They come with under display fingerprint scanner. The Mi C99 and C99 Meitu Edition powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm) processor along with Adreno 616 GPU.
The Mi CC9 comes with 6 Gb of RAM and 64 GB and 128 GB internal storage options while the Mi CC9 has 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB internal storage onboard. Both the smartphones come with triple rear cameras, 48-megapixel wide main camera, 8-megapixel ultrawide camera and 2-megapixel depth camera. On the front side, the phones have 32-megapixel camera sensor with f/2.0 aperture for selfie and video call. They run on Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box along with MIUI 10 running on top. Both the smartphones packed with Non-removable Li-Po 4030 mAh battery and support Fast battery charging 18W feature.
Follow the article step by step to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Mi CC9 and Mi CC9 Meitu Edition (CC9mt) smartphone. There are many advantages of the unlock bootloader like-
- you can install custom recoveries like TWRP and CWM
- You can root your phone.
- You can flash any custom ROMs on your phone.
One thing to note is that unlocking your bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, make sure that you are out of the warranty period or you are sure about what you are doing to your device.
- Make sure you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your PC/Laptop for this procedure.
- Before start this procedure, make sure to take a full backup of your phone. unlocking bootloader will wipe your all phone data and media.
- Make sure that your phone charged up to 60%.
- Make sure you Xiaomi Mi CC9 and Mi CC9 Meitu edition USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Download and install Xiaomi Mi unlock tool on your PC/laptop.
- Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings>> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging options: Settings>>Developer options
How to unlock Xiaomi Mi CC9 and Mi CC9 Meitu Edition bootloader
- Download and install Xiaomi Mi unlock tool on your PC or Laptop from above link.
- Now go to the extracted Xiaomi Mi unlock tool folder and run the tool.
- Now, log in using your Mi Account. If you don’t have, create first.
- After logged in, you will get a pop-up message on the screen “You device isn’t supported by Xiaomi Unlock”. Don’t worry, click on go button. This will take you to the Mi Unlock page.
- Now, click on unlock now button, it will ask you to log in again, fill the required details and proceed to enter your mobile number.
- To verify your phone number, you will receive an OTP. Enter the code to verify.
- Now, you are successfully registered in the bootloader unlocking program. It will take 3-5 days to verify your application.
- You will get an email or text on your phone number when your application is verified.
- After your application approved, you will get a new OTP on your phone number. Go to the unlocking page and enter the received OTP to verify.
- Open the Xiaomi Mi unlock tool application, connect your phone to PC or Laptop via USB cable and press the unlock button.
- The process will take a few seconds to unlock your phone bootloader.
That’s it, your Xiaomi Mi CC9 and Mi CC9 Meitu Edition bootloader is unlocked now. You can install custom recoveries, flash custom ROMs and you can also root your device. If you faced any problem or issue during the procedure, feel free to contact us via comment section.