If you looking for rooting you ZTE Nubia X smartphone, then first you should unlock your phone bootloader. Here in this article, we will guide you how to unlock Nubia X Bootloader via ADB fastboot. Just follow the article step by step to unlock bootloader ZTE Nubia X smartphone.
ZTE Nubia X launched November last year, it comes with 6.2-inch LTPS IPS display panel that supports 1080 x 2280 pixels of resolutions and offers 19:9 aspect ratio. The display of the phone protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The phone also has a secondary display on the backside, 5.1-inch OLED display panel that supports 720 x 1520 pixels of resolutions. It also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
The Nubia X smartphone powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm) processor under the hood along with Adreno 630. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system out of the box along with Nubia UI 6 running on top. The phone available in 6 GB and 8 Gb of RAM variants and 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB and 512 GB internal storage variants. It has dual camera sensors on the backside, 16-megapixel main and 24-megapixel secondary camera. You can use the rear cameras as the selfie camera too.
The phone packed with Non-removable Li-Po 3800 mAh battery inside the body that supports Fast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 4) feature. There is also a fingerprint scanner placed on the side. It is available in Blue Gold, Sea Blue, Black Gold, Deep Gray, Starry Night (512 GB only) color options.
If you want to customize your phone, you need to root and install TWRP custom recovery on it. To do so, you need to unlock bootloader of the phone first.
There are many advantages of the unlock bootloader like-
- you can install custom recoveries like TWRP and CWM
- You can root your phone.
- You can flash any custom ROMs on your phone.
One thing to note is that unlocking your bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, make sure that you are out of the warranty period or you are sure about what you are doing to your device.
How to Unlock Nubia X Bootloader
- Make sure you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your PC/Laptop for this procedure.
- Before start this procedure, make sure to take a full backup of your phone. unlocking bootloader will wipe your all phone data and media.
- Make sure that your phone charged up to 60%.
- This article is only for ZTE Nubia X. Don’t try this on other devices.
- Make sure you Nubia X USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings>> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging options: Settings>>Developer options
Unlock bootloader Nubia X
- Now connect your phone to Windows PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Now go to the ADB and Fastboot folder and open command prompt window by holding the shift button and click right button of the mouse then select the right option.
- Now, write the following command, this will show you if your phone recognized by the terminal or not
- If your phone connected properly, you will your phone connected with a serial number beside it.
- Now write the following command to boot your phone into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- once, your phone rebooted in Bootloader mode, write the following command.
fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX616J
- After the above command has finished executing, finally type and enter the following command:
- Now the phone will reboot.
That’s it, you have successfully unlock bootloader of ZTE Nubia X. You can install custom recoveries, flash custom ROMs and you can also root your device. If you faced any problem or issue during the procedure, feel free to contact us via comment section.