This post was last updated on August 30th, 2019 at 03:44 pm
If you looking for a guide or tutorial to root Irbis SP402 and install TWRP custom Recovery on it, then you are at the right place. Here in this article, we will guide you how to root Irbis SP402 and install TWRP recovery. Just follow the article completely step by step. Let’s take a look at Irbis SP402 specs and features.
Irbis SP402 comes with a 4-inch TFT display panel that supports 480 x 800 pixels of resolutions and offers around 233 PPI density. The body dimensions of the phone are 65 x 127 x 10.1 mm and weighs 108 grams. The phone powered by Quad-Core MediaTek MT6580 processor under the hood along with ARM Mali-400 MP1 GPU. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system out of the box which is based Android Go edition. It has 512 MB of RAM and 8 GB internal storage onboard.
Irbis SP402 featured with a 5-megapixel camera on the backside with LED dual-tone flash. On the front side, there is a 2-megapixel camera for selfies. It packed with Removable 1400 mAh battery inside the body. It comes dual Micro SIM card connectivity.
Let’s get back to the main topic, there are several advantages of rooting and installing TWRP Custom Recovery. Just follow the article step by step to install TWRP Recovery on Irbis SP402 and root it.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
- Flash Custom ROM on your device using TWRP.
- Root and Unroot your device using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU.
- Flash the image file on your device using TWRP Recovery.
- You can underclock and overclock.
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules on your device using TWRP.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can install Magisk on your device.
- Flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Remove all bloatware from your device using TWRP Recovery.
- Perform clean Wipe, Cache, and Data in your device.
Advantages of Rooting
- You can get access to all files on your device, even the files which present in the root directory of your device.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking your device.
- You can uninstall Bloatware on your phone.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
- By Rooting your device, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
If anything happens to your device during this process or after this process, we will not responsible for. So. proceed at your own risk.
How to Root Irbis SP402 and Install TWRP Recovery
- Make sure you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your PC/Laptop for this procedure.
- Make ake sure your phone’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Before starting this procedure, make sure to take a full backup of your phone.
- Make sure that your phone charged up to 60%.
- This article works only for Irbis SP402. Don’t try on other devices.
- Make sure you have installed Irbis SP402 USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings>> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging options: Settings>>Developer options
Install TWRP Recovery on Irbis SP402
- Download the TWRP Recovery file from the download section and rename it to recovery.
- Go to the ABD and Fastboot folder and run the command prompt by holding the Shift key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Now click on the Open PowerShell window here.
- Now, reboot your phone into Fastboot mode by press and hold the Volume Down + Power key together for a few seconds.
- Now connect your phone to the Windows PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Now write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- again, write the following command to reboot your phone.
You have successfully installed TWRP Custom Recovery on Irbis SP402 smartphone.
Note – Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk
Root Irbis SP402 using SuperSU
- Download SuperSU zip file on your Windows PC or Laptop, download link mention in the download section.
- Now transfer the SuperSU zip file into your phone’s root (internal) memory.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP recovery mode by pressing Volume Down and Power button together for few seconds. In case this is not taking you into TWRP Recovery Mode, then try Volume UP and Power Button. In some phone, you can access the recovery menu by this.
- Once you inside TWRP recovery, tap on install and select superSU zip file.
- Now swipe to confirm.
- Now tap on reboot.
You have successfully root Irbis SP402 smartphone using SuperSU.
Root Irbis SP402 using Magisk
- Download Magisk zip file on your Windows PC or Laptop, download link mention in the download section.
- Now transfer the Magisk zip file into your phone’s root (internal) memory.
- Once you inside TWRP recovery, tap on install and select Magisk zip file.
- Now swipe to confirm.
- Now tap on reboot.
That’s it, you have root Irbis SP402 smartphone successfully and install TWRP on it. If you face any problem or issue during the process, let us know in the comment section.