Android 11 is now in beta and available for 10+ devices. If you are looking for a guide on rooting the Android 11 on your phone, then this is it!
So, in this article I am using phhusson’s SuperUser binary to root Android 11. Which is a custom binary written by developer phhusson.
Required Downloads to Root Android 11
Before rooting the Android 11, you need to download the rooting script and you may need other tutorials. The below list provides all the required resources.
Android 11 Rooting Script
- Android 11 ROM
- Unlock bootloader on your phone
- TWRP recovery for your phone
- Download ADB and Fastboot
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux / MAC
A Word of Caution before Rooting Android 11!
How to Root Android 11?
There might be many ways of rooting Android 11, but here I am going to write down only a single method (as of now), that is flashing phh SuperUser rooting zip using a custom recovery such as TWRP recovery.
Flashing the SuperUser zip
Once ready with the basics, follow the below instructions to install the installer zip file
- Download and copy the phh SuperUser Installer zip file to your phone
- Enable Developer Options and then Enable USB Debugging under Developer options.
- Then reboot the phone into recovery mode. Make sure you have a custom recovery such as TWRP recovery, Lineage recovery or any other recovery.
- If you have any PIN lock set on the phone then enter the same PIN on the TWRP (if it is asked) to decrypt the phone’s internal storage
- Click Install > Select the SuperUser zip file > Swipe to confirm flash
(Above is an example for Magisk. In place of Magisk 20.04 you need to select the SuperUser zip file.)
- Once done touch on reboot to system and you are done.
How to check if have ROOT on Android 11 or not?
Install the ROOT checker APK to verify if your phone has root permission or not.
- Open the Root Checker app and then tap on the Verify Root Status
- If asked, grant the permission to superuser request.
That’s all on rooting Android 11. Keep visiting to get guides and tutorials like this.