Table of Contents
This post was last updated on April 19th, 2018 at 12:49 pm
If you are looking to update Oreo for Galaxy A5 2017 Android phone, then here I have list of Oreo ROMs and a step-by-step guide on how to install Oreo on Galaxy A5 2017.
The Galaxy A5 2017 (model: SM-A520F and variants, codename: a5y17lte) was last updated to Android Nougat officially. Almost all Android phone manufacturers provide 2 years of official update and Galaxy A5 2017 is no exception.
It’s the custom ROM builds that keep the devices alive by providing latest Android updates there after. This is the primary reason I have brought you here, how to update Galaxy A5 2017 to Android Oreo 8.1 custom ROM.
Android Oreo 8.1 Custom ROMs available for Galaxy A5 2017:
As of now following are the Custom ROMs available for Galaxy A5 2017 based on Android Oreo 8.1:
Galaxy A5 2017 Android Oreo ROMs list
|LineageOS 15.1 Oreo 8.1||LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy A5 2017|
|Resurrection Remix Oreo 8.1||RR Oreo for Galaxy A5 2017|
Required Downloads and Links before you Install Android Oreo on Galaxy A5 2017:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR GALAXY A5 2017 OREO ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSu ROOT package or LineageOS su binary for LineageOS 15.1 based Oreo ROMs.
Here is How to ROOT LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM and other Oreo ROMs based on LineageOS 15.1.
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason even after installing the LineageOS su binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install Android Oreo on Galaxy A5 2017:
- Download the TWRP recovery for Galaxy A5 2017 from the Samsung TWRP recovery list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A5 2017 using ODIN Windows application.
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.
– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean data using TWRP recovery
-Don’t clean Internal memory here. If you do, you will lose all your phone data.
– To be on safe side, backup all data on your Android Phone before wiping anything.
- Then, download one of the Android Oreo ROMs available for Galaxy A5 2017 and copy the Oreo ROM file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.
– Each link provided in this guide has their own step-by-step installation guide.
- Install the Oreo ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Optional but recommended:
– Download Android Oreo 8.1 GApps, copy that to your phone and then Install Oreo GApps using TWRP
– Well, this step is an optional but if you don’t do you will not be able to install any applications on your Oreo ROM.
– The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Oreo on Galaxy A5 2017.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Oreo ROM, then restart yuor phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.
– This step is not necessary to run Android Oreo smoothly but if you want ROOT on the Oreo ROM then you need to follow this step.
If you are facing any issue while following this guide, then you can comment here or you can create a topic on the Galaxy A5 2017 Forum or on the respective Oreo Custom ROM topics.