If you are looking to update Oreo for Galaxy S4 LTE Android phone, then here I have list of Android 8.1 Oreo ROMs and a step-by-step guide on how to install Oreo on Galaxy S4 LTE.
The Galaxy S4 LTE (model: GT-i9505, codename: jfltexx) was last updated to Android Lollipop, officially. Almost all Android phone manufacturers provide 2 years of official update and Galaxy S4 LTE is no exception.
It’s the custom ROM builds that keep the devices alive by providing latest Android updates there after. This is the primary reason I have brought you here, how to update Galaxy S4 LTE to Android Oreo 8.1 custom ROM.
- 1 Android Oreo 8.1 Custom ROMs available for Galaxy S4 LTE:
- 2 Galaxy S4 LTE Android 8.1 Oreo ROMs list
- 3 Required Downloads and Links before you Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4 LTE:
- 4 How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo for Galaxy S4 LTE:
Android Oreo 8.1 Custom ROMs available for Galaxy S4 LTE:
As of now following are the Custom ROMs available for Galaxy S4 LTE based on Android Oreo 8.1:
Galaxy S4 LTE Android 8.1 Oreo ROMs list
|LineageOS 15.1 Oreo 8.1||LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S4 LTE|
Required Downloads and Links before you Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4 LTE:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR Galaxy S4 LTE OREO ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSu ROOT package or LineageOS su binary for LineageOS 15.1 based Oreo ROMs.
Here is How to ROOT LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM and other Oreo ROMs based on LineageOS 15.1.
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason even after installing the LineageOS su binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo for Galaxy S4 LTE:
- Download the TWRP recovery for Galaxy S4 LTE from the Samsung TWRP recovery list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S4 LTE using ODIN Windows application.
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.
– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean data using TWRP recovery
-Don’t clean Internal memory here. If you do, you will lose all your phone data.
– To be on safe side, backup all data on your Android Phone before wiping anything.
- Then, download one of the Android Oreo ROMs available for Galaxy S4 LTE and copy the Oreo ROM file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.
– Each link provided in this guide has their own step-by-step installation guide.
- Install the Oreo ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Optional but recommended:
– Download Android Oreo 8.1 GApps, copy that to your phone and then Install Oreo GApps using TWRP
– Well, this step is an optional but if you don’t do you will not be able to install any applications on your Oreo ROM.
– The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Oreo on Galaxy S4 LTE.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Oreo ROM, then restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.
– This step is not necessary to run Android Oreo smoothly but if you want ROOT on the Oreo ROM then you need to follow this step.
If you are facing any issue while following this guide, then you can comment here or you can create a topic on the Galaxy S4 LTE Forum or on the respective Oreo Custom ROM topics.