If you are looking to update Android Pie for Nexus 9, then here I have list of Android 9 Pie ROMs for Nexus 9 and a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Pie on Nexus 9.
The Nexus 9 (codename: flounder) was launched with Android Lollipop while Android Nougat was the final Android upgrade that was available.
Android 9 Pie Custom ROMs available for Nexus 9:
Following Custom ROMs available for Nexus 9 based on Android 9 Pie:
Nexus 9 Android 9 Pie ROM list
|Lineage OS 16 Android 9 ROM||LineageOS 16 Android Pie for Nexus 9|
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 9 Pie on Nexus 9:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR Nexus 9 ANDROID PIE ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSU ROOT zip file.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install/Update Android 9 Pie on Nexus 9:
- Download the TWRP recovery for Nexus 9 from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Nexus 9 using fastboot.
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.
- Then, download one of the Android Pie ROMs available for Nexus 9 and copy the file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.
- Install ROM zip using TWRP recovery.
- Download Pie MindTheGApps package (recommended for LineageOS 16 ROM), copy that to your phone and then Install Android Pie GApps using TWRP
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Pie on Nexus 9.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM, then restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.
Where to Download Google Camera for Nexus 9 Android Pie?
GCam version 6.x and 7.0 such as: GCam 6.2.030 or Gcam 6.1.021 and some or all GCam 7.0 are compatible with any Android Pie ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android Pie page that contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices.