If you are looking to update Android Pie for Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE, then here I have list of Android 9 Pie ROMs for Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE and a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE.
The Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE (codename: cancro) was launched with Android Jelly Bean, and this is a custom ROMs collection based on Android Pie.
– You cannot update Mi 3 by installing an official MIUI ROM, because it is not available. This is the primary reason I have brought you here, this update of Android Pie 9 for Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE via custom ROM.
Android 9 Pie Custom ROMs available for Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE:
Following Custom ROMs available for Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE based on Android 9 Pie:
Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE Android 9 Pie ROM list
|AOSP Android 9 ROM||AOSP Android Pie for Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE|
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 9 Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE ANDROID PIE ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSU ROOT zip file.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install/Update Android 9 Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE:
- Download the TWRP recovery for Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE using fastboot.– To install the TWRP recovery on the phone needs to have an unlock bootloader on Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery– Don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. If you do, you will lose all your phone data.
– To be on safe side, backup all data on your Android Phone before wiping anything.
- Then, download one of the Android Pie ROMs available for Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE and copy the file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.– Each link provided in this guide has their own step-by-step installation guide.
- Install ROM zip using TWRP recovery.
- Download Android 9 Pie GApps, copy that to your phone and then Install Android Pie GApps using TWRP– Well, this step is an optional but if you don’t do you will not be able to install any applications on your Android Pie ROM.
– The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM, then restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.– This step is not necessary to run Android Pie smoothly but if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM then you need to follow this step.
If you are facing any issue while following this guide, then you can comment here or you can create a topic on the Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi 4 LTE Forum or on the respective Android Pie, LineageOS 16, Android Oreo Custom ROM topics.