Google is on the verge of launching the new operating system, the Android Q. The name has not yet been decided but it is likely that they will launch the new Android OS in the month of August. But, before the official launch of the operating system, Google always releases the beta versions or the developer preview of the OS for the developers and users to use and report back the issues and glitches that there are still there in the OS. Realme 3 Pro has also received the Android Q beta release, and in this post, we will look at how to download and install Android Q beta on Realme 3 pro.
The entire process is not that hard and if you follow the below mentioned steps carefully, you will be able to install the Android Q beta on the Realme 3 Pro. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Quick Specifications Review of Realme 3 Pro
The Realme 3 pro was launched in the month of May in 2019. Under the hood, it is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 770 processor which is paired with 6GB/4GB of RAM. The device has a battery capacity of 4045 mAh which can easily last a day. In the front, you get a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2340 and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and a 409 PPI density. Moreover, in the camera department, you get a dual camera set-up with 16MP + 5MP in the rear and in the front you get a 25MP selfie shooter. The device comes with a storage capacity of 64GB/128GB which can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. Besides, there is a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner as well.
How to Download and Install Android Q Beta on Realme 3 Pro
Before we head straight into installing the Android Q Beta for the Realme 3 pro, you need to keep in mind the below-mentioned points;
- The best thing about this Android Q beta update is that you do not need to unlock the bootloader to install Android Q Beta on Realme 3 Pro.
- The process requires just your device and you do not even need a PC/Laptop.
- But, always keep in mind and make sure to back up all your important files before flashing the upgrade/downgrade files. All your data will be wiped during the installation process.
- This is the beta version of Android Q. So few things are still not working like fingerprint sensor, adaptive brightness, security lock, etc. So, make sure that you will be comfortable using your device with some bugs and go through the list of bugs before you flash Android Q Beta.
- This build of Android Q Beta is specifically for Realme 3 Pro so do not try to install it on other Realme devices.
- Moreover, the build is completely stock and it’s not based on ColorOS.
- Besides, flashing Android Q Beta will not void the warranty.
- In case your device bricks or becomes unresponsive during the process, you can always go to the service center to restore the device.
Download the Android Q Beta for the Realme 3 Pro
Below is the link to download the latest Android Q beta for the Realme 3 Pro;[button anchor=”Android Q Beta for Realme 3 Pro” url=”https://download.c.realme.com/osupdate/P2Q.ozip” size=”lg” style=”material” color=”success”]
Steps to Install Android Q Beta on Realme 3 Pro
Please follow the below mentioned steps in order to install Android Q beta on the Realme 3 pro device. I would also suggest you not to skip any of the steps as it may brick your device or permanently damage it.
- Firstly, download the Android Q beta for the Realme 3 Pro from the link mentioned above.
- Now, you need to copy the file to the internal storage of your Realme 3 Pro.
- Once you are done with the copying, power off your device.
- Now, after the device is fully turned off, press and hold power and volume down button. This will enter you into the Recovery Mode. Once you enter the recovery mode, release the buttons.
- Then, tap on “Install from storage device” and select the Android Q beta file from the internal storage of your Realme 3 Pro.
- The device will start installing Android Q Beta on Realme 3 Pro.
- Wait for the installation to complete, and the process will hardly take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once you are done with the installation, tap on “Reboot”.
- Once your device is rebooted, your Realme 3 Pro will be updated to Android Q Beta.
- That’s it! You have successfully installed the Android Q Beta on your Realme 3 Pro device with even the need of a PC/Laptop.
Steps to Roll-back to ColorOS from Android Q Beta
As mentioned above their are a lot of bugs and glitches in the Android Q beta. And, if you feel that annoying and is hampering the daily usage of your device, you can always revert back to the original ColorOS on your Realme 3 Pro. You just need to follow the below steps and you will be back to the ColorOS which is based on the Android 9 Pie very easily;[dropcap]Note: One of the Android Q beta 3 bugs is that your phone will not be recognized as a device when connected to a PC. So, I suggest that you download the set up file directly on your phone or copy the file wirelessly.[/dropcap]
You first need to download the roll-back file from the link mentioned below;[button anchor=”ColorOS Android 9 Pie for Realme 3 Pro” url=”https://download.c.realme.com/osupdate/Q2P.zip” size=”lg” style=”material” color=”success”]
Once you have downloaded the above file then, go on with the steps mentioned below;
- Copy the downloaded ColorOS roll-back zip file in the internal memory of your device.
- Once you have done that, turn off your device.
- Now, press and hold power and volume down button to enter the Recovery Mode.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode, tap on “Apply update” and select the ColorOS rollback zip file from the internal storage of your Realme 3 Pro.
- Now, just wait for the installation to reach 100% and then tap on “Reboot”.
- This will roll back your Realme 3 Pro to the stable version of ColorOS based on Android Pie.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you liked this post on how to install the Android Q beta on the Realme 3 Pro. The method for installing as well as the roll back procedure does no require you to have a PC/Laptop. Moreover, it can be done via your smartphone directly. You can enjoy the early release of the Android Q beta for your Realme 3 Pro. Yes, there are soe bugs, but there are some features that you might enjoy on your device. However, it is very exiciting that a budget device like the Realme 3 Pro has been served with the Android Q beta and is likely that the device will get upgraded to the new operating system very soon after the official launch of the OS. Until the next post… Cheers!