A working mod of the Pixel camera or well known as Google Camera for Galaxy S9+ / Exynos is now available to download which is brought to you by IDan and Arnova8G2.
Status of this Galaxy S9+ Google Camera APK:
– Aperture switching for main camera (settings > Samsung CameraAPI2 > toggle Switch to 2.4f aperture)
– Top Shot Mode: Now works with Google Photos
– Night Sight
– Portrait mode
– Wide angle camera (hold the toggle camera button to switch between wide and regular rear cameras, press to switch between rear camera and front camera)
– Works without Google services
– Nothing reported yet
How to Install Google Camera APK on Galaxy S9+?
- Download the GCam apk for Galaxy S9+ from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Galaxy S9+.
How to enable Night and Dark mode on IDan’s GCam 4.7 for Galaxy S9+ Exynos?
To enable Night mode and Super Night (Dark) mode on IDan’s GCam, follow the below instructions:
- Go to Settings > Disable Reduce contrast if it is enabled.
- Scroll down little more and go to Portrait, Lens Blur and other settings > Lens Blur mode megapixels > Set as 12.6 MP
- Then go to Fast config. toogles > enable the Enable Night settings toggle by Egoist, enable the Enable Super Night (Dark) settings toggle by Egoist and enable the Enable Default config. toggle
Default settings to set for Galaxy S9+ Google Camera 6.2.024 APK:
Enable or set the following settings to get maximum out of the app:
- Sensor: RAW_SENSOR Viewfinder: YVU_420_888
- Base Config: Pixel2018 ZSL HDR+
- Back camera: Pixel XL(for better nightshots) or Pixel 3 XL
- Front camera: Pixel XL
Images captured on Galaxy S9+ using the Google Camera
That’s all. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Galaxy S9+.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Galaxy S9+. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Galaxy S9+.