- October 7, 2019 at 6:25 PM #99548Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Zuk Z1 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Zuk Z1 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Zuk Z1 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer shubhambhise.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Zuk Z1, WHICH MAY HAVE SOME MINOR BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for Zuk Z1 requires an unlock bootloader on Zuk Z1, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Zuk Z1 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
– Video Playback
– Nothing reported yet
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Zuk Z1:
- Required firmware files
- ROM Download link of Zuk Z1 LineageOS 17
- Zuk Z1 TWRP Download (ham) for this Zuk Z1 LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17 (Download any GApps for ARM 32)
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Zuk Z1 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Zuk Z1 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Zuk Z1
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Zuk Z1 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Zuk Z1 for the first time:This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.You must have at least stock nougat firmware (ZUI) to load sensors and other stuff properly. Also, when reverting back to Android Pie, flash the same firmware.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Zuk Z1 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Zuk Z1 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Install the Zuk Z1 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Zuk Z1.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Zuk Z1 (ham):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Zuk Z1.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Zuk Z1, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Zuk Z1
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Zuk Z1 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Zuk Z1, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Zuk Z1, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How Root LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Zuk Z1.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Zuk Z1 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Zuk Z1 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Zuk Z1 (ham) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.