- This topic is empty.
- November 27, 2019 at 8:13 PM #101822Sibananda SahuKeymaster
You need to unlock bootloader on Yandex phone in order to install a Custom recovery like TWRP or a custom ROM like: LineageOS, Resurrection Remix etc. This is a step by step guide that explains how to Unlock Bootloader on Yandex phone.
Unlocking bootloader is not a one click process and requires some advanced knowledge of using a computer and a phone. I have compiled this step by step guide keeping a first time user in mind and hope will serve the purpose. In case you face any issues after following this guide, just login and leave a comment.DISCLAIMER:
First thing first, unlocking the bootloader on Yandex phone may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. You are the only person making changes to your phone. You are solely responsible for anything that happens to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Required resources to Unlock Bootloader on Yandex phone– ADB and Fastboot one click installer for Windows.
– OEM USB drivers and Google USB Drivers
– Enough battery backup. (More than 60% of battery charge will be good enough)
– A PC with USB driver installed for your Android.
How to Unlock bootloader on Yandex Phone?Unlocking the bootloader requires a PC and few commands to be executed in an order. Follow the exact sequence of steps in order to avoid any kind of trouble.
- Download and
install the ADB and Fastbootbinaries using the above installer download link for Windows or Linux or MAC.
Enable USB Debuggingunder Developer Options.
- Now connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and type the following command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader– You can also enter into fastboot or bootloader mode by pressing some specific key combinations.
– If your phone asks permission such as ‘Allow USB debugging‘ then just tap on OK to proceed.
– If you see
no permissions fastbootwhile on Linux or macOS, try running fastboot as
- While the phone is in the bootloader mode, execute the following command to unlock the bootloader:
fastboot oem yandex_unlockThis will Unlock the bootloader and delete all user data present on the phone. Here is a Step by step guide to take full backup of your phone data
- The device should reset and reboot automatically. If not and reboot your phone.
Your Yandex phone should now have an unlocked Bootloader if you have followed the steps in order.
Welcome to the developers world or advanced users world where you are yet to experience many more things on Android customization. The very NEXT STEP you may want is to install TWRP recovery on your Android or want to ROOT it.
Here goes some more guide for the Yandex phone:
– TWRP for Yandex phone.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Yandex phone forum for LineageOS, Custom ROMs, Google Camera, and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- Download and
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.