- August 29, 2016 at 4:14 PM #6090shibaa987Participant
Xperia Z5 Nougat ROM is available through unofficial AOSP ROM update and this is a guide which explains how to update Xperia Z5 to Nougat ROM. This is only for Xperia Z5 Single-SIM variant/E6653 model number. Please don’t try this any other Z5 variants. Since the Android Nougat Source code release, till now we have many Android Nougat ROMs available for various devices. Among Sony devices, we have now Xperia SP Nougat and Xperia M Nougat ROM Update and now this time the Nougat ROM (build number: NRD90M) has arrived to Sony Xperia Z5 (codename: sumire, model number E6653) which is brought to you by developer fergy.
THIS IS JUST AN INITIAL ALPHA ROM AND MAY NOT BE USED AS A DAILY DRIVER SOFTWARE. CHECK THE WORKING AND NON-WORKING LIST BEFORE FLASHING AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.DISCLAIMER:
Installing a custom ROM on a the Xperia Z5 requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of fergy’s Xperia Z5 Nougat ROM build:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Network (RIL)
– Multimedia (Video, Audio)
– BluetoothKNOWN ISSUES:
– Fingerprint sensor does not work
– Camera is disabled
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR XPERIA Z5 NOUGAT ROM UPDATE:
HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE XPERIA Z5 NOUGAT ROM UPDATE (ANDROID 7.0 AOSP ROM):
- First make sure that the bootloader is unlocked before updating the Nougat ROM to Xperia Z5. If not then unlock it first and come back.
- Then download all the images. BOOT, SYSTEM, USERDATA, RECOVERY image and Nougat GApps.
- Boot into the recovery image:
fastboot reboot recovery
- Clean/Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache partition from the recovery:
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot to bootloader again and flash the BOOT, SYSTEM and USERDATA partitions using fastboot:
fastboot flash -S256 boot boot.img
fastboot flash -S256 userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash -S256 system system.img
DO NOT EXIT FROM FASTBOOT/BOOTLOADER MODE YET.
- Again boot into the new recovery image to flash the GApps:
fastboot boot twrp-E6653.img
This will boot into the new recovery image. Enable changes if it asks by swiping to right.
- Copy the GApps to the phone using MTP mode.
- Flash the Google Apps package using the TWRP recovery and then reboot to system.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
Reboot the phone when the flashing is done, do the initial setup and then enjoy the taste of Android Nougat on Xperia Z5. If you have any concerns or are you facing any problem regarding this guide or Xperia Z5 Nougat ROM then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.