- September 1, 2016 at 1:17 PM #6383shibaa987Moderator
Xperia Z2 Nougat 7.0 AOSP ROM is available through unofficial AOSP ROM update and this is a guide which explains how to update Xperia Z2 to Nougat ROM. This is only for Xperia Z2 variant D6503 model number. Please don’t try this any other Z2 variants. Since the Android Nougat Source code release, till now we have many Android Nougat ROMs available for various devices. Among Sony devices, we have now Xperia SP Nougat and Xperia M Nougat ROM Update and now this time the Nougat ROM (build number: NRD90M) has arrived to Sony Xperia Z2 (codename: sirius, model number D6503) which is brought to you by developer rcstar6696.THIS IS JUST AN INITIAL ALPHA ROM AND MAY NOT BE USED AS A DAILY DRIVER SOFTWARE. CHECK THE WORKING AND NON-WORKING LIST BEFORE FLASHING AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM on a the Xperia Z2 requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of rcstar6696’s Xperia Z2 Nougat 7.0 AOSP ROM build:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Mostly everything works excpet listed on known issues listKNOWN ISSUES:
– Charging Issue (after charging and unplug device needs hard-reset (hold power button for a min))
– Camera does not work (half of the camera is green and FC of camera app)
– Gapps gave problems
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR XPERIA Z2 NOUGAT 7.0 AOSP ROM UPDATE:
HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE XPERIA Z2 NOUGAT 7.0 AOSP ROM UPDATE (ANDROID 7.0 AOSP ROM):
- Download the Nougat ROM zip file for Xperia Z2 and the Nougat Gapps zip file from the above download link and copy both the files to phone.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the Xperia Z2 Nougat 7.0 ROM ZIP from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Now flash the NOugat Google Apps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
Reboot the phone when the flashing is done, do the initial setup and then enjoy the taste of Android Nougat on Xperia Z2. If you have any concerns or are you facing any problem regarding this guide or Xperia Z2 Nougat ROM then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.
Dev thread is here for the Sony Xperia Z2 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS DownloadOctober 26, 2016 at 11:39 PM #8911TurkjeKerim SavranMember
I can’t istall it can you make it for flash ?October 27, 2016 at 2:26 PM #8917
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.