October 6, 2018 at 6:12 AM #54538GuestModerator
TWRP for Walton Primo S5 is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Walton Primo S5 and ROOT Walton Primo S5 (using TWRP recovery).
This TWRP download for Walton Primo S5 is brought to you by developer(s) Androidlover
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Androidlover and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for Androidlover
– Donate to TWRP’s Lead developer
- Required downloads to install TWRP recovery for Walton Primo S5
- How to install TWRP recovery on Walton Primo S5
- What you can do after installing TWRP on Walton Primo S5
- Required downloads and guides for Walton Primo S5 ROOT
- Step-by-Step guide on Walton Primo S5 ROOTING guide
- How to check if Walton Primo S5 is ROOTED or NOT
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Walton Primo S5:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Built from: OmniROM AOSP sources
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Walton Primo S5, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Mediatek bootloader unlock
- USB drivers for Mediatek
- 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot on Windows
- Latest MTK Droid Root and tools
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Windows
- Install ADB and fastboot on Linux PC
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 64-bit
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 32-bit
- TWRP recovery download for Walton Primo S5
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS IF YOU ARE USING A LINUX PC:
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Walton Primo S5:
How to create scatter file for Walton Primo S5:
This guide need the Droid MTK Tool. With the help of Droid MTK Tool we will create the scatter file for Walton Primo S5.
- Download the Droid MTK Tool from the above Downloads section.
- It’s in a zip file, so extract that file or open using WinRar or some application and then open the MTKDroidTools.exe file.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options on the Walton Primo S5, to make the device accessible via ADB.
- Then connect the phone using the USB cable to the PC.
- On the below portion of the screen you will see a Blocks Map button. Click on the button
- On the next screen you have all the partition information and starting address of all the partitions of Walton Primo S5.
- Save the scatter file for Walton Primo S5 in a location which you can remember and access easily.
Now Install TWRP on Walton Primo S5 using SP Flash Tool:
Follow the below steps to install the TWRP on Walton Primo S5 using the scatter file.
- Open the SP Flash tool zip file and then open the flash_tool.exe file.
- Click browse on the the scatter-loading file section and select the Walton Primo S5 scatter file you created earlier using the MTKDroid Tool.
- Now select the location next to the Recovery partition and select the TWRP for Walton Primo S5, which is in .img format.
- Then click on the Download button to start downloading/flashing of the TWRP recovery on Walton Primo S5 as shown in the picture.
- After clicking on the download button you will see a red bar on the bottom followed by a yellow bar.
When the TWRP is downloaded to Walton Primo S5, the SP Flash tool will alert you saying Download is done.
What to do after you install TWRP for Walton Primo S5:
- You can root the Walton Primo S5
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Walton Primo S5
- You can install some of the mods available on Walton Primo S5
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Walton Primo S5.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Walton Primo S5 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR Walton Primo S5 ROOTING:
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for Walton Primo S5 or one of the following:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Walton Primo S5 using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Walton Primo S5. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Walton Primo S5 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk for Walton Primo S5, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Walton Primo S5 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Walton Primo S5 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Walton Primo S5 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Walton Primo S5 forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.