How to Update Lineage OS on top of CyanogenMod ROM

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

@bigdrako

On which phone are you flashing Lineage OS 14.1 ROM??
    What is the TWRP version are you using on the phone??

Make sure you have the latest (or developer recommended TWRP or any other recovery) installed on the device.

You should be able to flash the GApps if you have everything right.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I have a Sony Z1 (honami) with cyanogenmod 12.1.
    What would the procedure be to update that to Lineage OS 14.1?
    As far as i could tell, there is only an unofficial rom for the Z1.
    Data can be wiped.

Would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks
    Martin

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=20898]Hi,
    I have a Sony Z1 (honami) with cyanogenmod 12.1.
    What would the procedure be to update that to Lineage OS 14.1?
    As far as i could tell, there is only an unofficial rom for the Z1.
    Data can be wiped.
    Would be great if you could let me know.
    Thanks
    Martin
    [/quote]

Yes there is an unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 ROM available for the Xperia Z1. Below is the update guide:
    How to update Xperia Z1 to Lineage OS 14.1

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I have CyanogenMod version 13.1.1-ZNH2KAS2X1 (Android 6.01, Build MHC19Q) on a OnePlus One A0001.
    Due to travels i was unable to upgrade to Lineage sooner but now am keen to get it done.
    Is the option to upgrade to Lineage from CM 13.1 still available?

Ideally i would like to keep all apps and data intact through the upgrade process and not wipe the phone.

I have managed to find a few Lineage 13 downloads but i am not sure if they are experimental or not. Reading this it seems that they have to be. Also if i need to upgrade to CM 14.x first without wiping please advise.

Can someone give me a few pointers or assistance in finding the correct walk-through as the last time i installed a mod, things went awry and i had to wipe it.

Thanks
    B

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=24093]Hi,
    Is the option to upgrade to Lineage from CM 13.1 still available?
    [/quote]

If you are able to get the LineageOS experimental build for OnePlus One then you should be able to migrate from CyanogenMod to LineageOS.
    It is not available on the LineageOS website but you need to search else where either on Google or on OnePlus forum might be the right place.

[quote quote=24093]Hi,
    I have managed to find a few Lineage 13 downloads but i am not sure if they are experimental or not.
    Also if i need to upgrade to CM 14.x first without wiping please advise.
    [/quote]

If you are migrating from CM 13 to LineageOS 13 then you need not to wipe.
    But if you are going to migrate or rather I will say upgrade from CM 13 to LineageOS 14.1 then you have to wipe everything and start over again. It is because of the upgrade of Android to a major version.

In some cases people do dirty flash (flashing without wiping anything) when moving to a major version (like from CM13 to 14.1 or LineageOS 13 to 14.1) and things work somehow, but if something goes wrong or the phone does not work the way it should then you have to go for a wipe anyway.

Linux User
    Participant

Hello,
    I have CyanogenMod 13.1 unofficial version for Zenfone 5 T00J and I use this version since march of last year. But, as is an unofficial version, my camera and my GPS doesn’t works. I want to upgrade to Lineage OS, but my device doesn’t is in ASUS Lineage OS 13 Devices List.
    I want to know if is possible to upgrade for Lineage OS 13 even my device doesn’t is in list.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=24323]Hello,
    I have CyanogenMod 13.1 unofficial version for Zenfone 5 T00J and I use this version since march of last year. But, as is an unofficial version, my camera and my GPS doesn’t works. I want to upgrade to Lineage OS, but my device doesn’t is in ASUS Lineage OS 13 Devices List.
    I want to know if is possible to upgrade for Lineage OS 13 even my device doesn’t is in list.
    [/quote]

It is possible that no developer have ported the LineageOS 13 for the Zenfone 5. But I can see that a LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 5 is available. But to upgrade from CyanogenMod 13 to LineageOS 14.1 you have to wipe everything (clean flash) and the CyanogenMod to LineageOS migration will not work.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

1 thought on “How to Update Lineage OS on top of CyanogenMod ROM”