How to Update HTC ONE S CM13 Marshmallow ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums HTC Device Forums One S – ville How to Update HTC ONE S CM13 Marshmallow ROM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

HTC ONE S CM13 (cyanogenMod 13) Marshmallow ROM (Device Codename: ville) Marshmallow taste has now arrived through an Unofficial build. This is an UNOFFICIAL build brought to you by develepor moozon. The only known BUGGY output is while playing Bluetooth Media & Phone audio at the same time. Dev moozon has also brought the Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM, Lineage 14.1 for HTC One S.

DISCLAIMER:
    Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. Neither the developer nor we will be held responsible for any disaster that happens to your device.

HTC ONE S CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) MARSHMALLLOW ROM

REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR THE HTC ONE S CM13 ROM UPDATE GUIDE:

Root binary is inbuilt since CyanogenMod 12, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT Access on CM13/CyanogenMod 13

FLASHING HTC ONE S CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) MARSHMALLLOW ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing CyanogenMod 13 for the first time to your HTC One S, or coming from another ROM:

This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider backing up your phone data or take a nandroid backup. Here is how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

• Make sure your phone already has the HBOOT 1.16 before installing this ROM.
      • Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
        If you don’t have a recovery then download it from the above link and follow the below guide to flash:
        – Here is a Guide explaining How to Install TWRP using Fastboot.
        – Before following this guide make sure that there is unlocked bootloader on Evo 4G is required to flash this TWRP)”>unlocked bootloader on your HTC ONE S
      • Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
        – Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
      • Download and Copy the GApps and CyanogenMod 13 ROM ZIP to your device.
      • First flash the CM ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
        – Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
        Use the same guide to flash the GApps too.
      • Reboot and Enjoy the CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM on your HTC One S.
    2. Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 13.0:

The first boot may take long time, so don’t panic and be sure that you have enough battery backup. Let the phone reboot and then enjoy the official CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM on HTC One S.

After this CM13 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT Access on CM13/CyanogenMod 13.

Linux User
    Participant

I think you are missing one important piece of information. You need to be running HBOOT v1.16 in order to install this CM13 build on Ville.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi, I will install this update, but before I need know if this update work with HTC One S villec2, please , thanks you

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=8238]I think you are missing one important piece of information. You need to be running HBOOT v1.16 in order to install this CM13 build on Ville.

[/quote]

Thanks @fred_smith for pointing that out. I have updated the OP accordingly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.